September 16, 2014
Come join us this Friday, 19 September as we welcome another proudly South Africa Eye-wear brand – Ballo Sunglasses in collaboration with Atang Tshikare to our in-store collection.
Ballo Sunglasses are hand-made with love down in Cape Town, their frames are made from recycled paper and off-cut timber from local furniture producer. And, they have produced together with Award-winning artist and designer, Akang Tshikare of Zabalazaa Designs.
View the entire collection on our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter for more info.
Music will be provided by Atang & LoveSlavePhola
See you there ;)
September 11, 2014
We are looking for an experienced graphic designer to join our creative team. The suitable candidate will be performing the day-to-day office duties of a graphic designer, conceptualizing and illustrating.
You will work with the creative team consisting of the creative director & marketing manager. You will work on the day-to-day jobs that need immediate action, back up the other designers and be an all-rounder in the design department.
Send in your one page CV and portfolio, no bigger than 5MB or portfolio link when you apply.
· One to two years experience as a graphic designer.
· Conceptualize and design marketing material.
· Offer new ideas and concepts clearly and effectively to the design team.
· Support the design department.
· Design in-house related artwork.
· Maintain brand consistency throughout your work.
· Strong grasp of visual design principles, typography, color and imagery.
· Have knowledge to step up work for print, how CMYK and pantones work
. Must know In-design, Photoshop and Illustrator very well.
· Be meticulous when it comes to attention to detail.
· Must have a strong interest in design trends.
· You must be fluent in English and Spelling.
· Creative – must have artistic flair and have an eye for design.
· Excellent verbal communication skills. You must have the ability to convey information verbally to fellow team members and clients.
· Be able to handle pressure.
· React well to setbacks and stay calm in stressful situations.
· Able to stick to deadlines.
· Team player but also able to work on your own, unsupervised.